A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for an accountant to join our award winning team, we are open to Financial Controllers looking to make the next move up on their way to becoming Finance Directors, as well as Finance Managers who are capable of developing into Finance Controller/Director role in the future, and Qualified Accountants who are looking to make the next step up.
You will have strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with all types of people, excellent attention to detail and a strong reputation for accuracy, preference will be given to applicants with Sage 200 experience and a ‘can do, hands on’ attitude’.
This unique opportunity working for a company listed 28th in the Sunday Times Profit Trak 100 and a proud recipient of the Queens Award will allow the successful applicant to really make a difference in the way in which the business operates and contribute to the continued growth and expansion of our business. In return we offer a competitive salary package depending on experience and qualifications.
This role will suit an experienced qualified accountant with a demonstrable history in recruiting, managing, delegating and making sure deadlines are met and procedures are adhered to.
- Manage all Financial Accounting information ensuring it is accurate and produced to agreed deadlines and in accordance with required standards
- Ensure that the company’s filing and payment deadlines are adhered to including liaising with HMRC
- Ensure all reporting is produced and submitted within deadlines
- Responsible for the improvement of current reporting processes, including shortening the reporting deadlines
- Provide all detailed financial information leading to effective production of year end accounts in line with statutory requirements
- Responsibility for year-end Audit and liaison with Auditors throughout the year. Ensure a smooth audit process
- Full ownership of the long term planning process of budgeting and forecasting. Liaise with all budget holders on variances throughout the year, including re-forecasting as required
- To ensure a robust procedure is in place and followed for FX at approved rates in advance
- Stock analysis
- To ensure the Finance Department has a documented set of up to date procedures for all areas of Finance, and that ongoing training is given to all staff in the finance operation
- Cost reduction
- Full ownership of the balance sheet, all accounts reviewed with appropriate controls in place
- Ensure all source documentation is authorized in line with current controls
- Ensure integrity of all bank accounts and cash balances
- Ensure all bank accounts are operated in line with current policy
- Work with directors to ensure adherence to all financial controls across the business
- Act as a key partner to the MD on process improvements and financial control improvements
- Ensure all VAT related transactions and ensure that all returns and payments are made within deadlines
- Ensure that data for annual Corporation Tax returns is produced and submitted by the due dates and that all resulting returns are checked and approved within deadlines
*Recruit, lead, motivate, train and develop an effective team to achieve the standards set in agreement with the MD. Effectively manage the performance of the the entire Finance operation, ensuring each staff member is regularly appraised and poor performance issues are dealt with promptly and fairly in accordance with company policy. Responsible for the recruitment and selection process within the Finance function in conjunction with the MD, ensure resources are allocated in line with business plan and company requirements.
*Process and Procedure:
*Implement & Manage departmental policies and procedures, ensuring that all procedures are in a written format, in date and that all staff are trained in current versions, work with the rest of the business to ensure efficient policies are in place, implement a continuous striving for improvement policy whilst making suggestions for improvements in the finance team.
Ad Hoc Projects;
- Assist the Commercial, Purchasing, Sales and Distribution Directors
The ideal person: Critical
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ ACCA 2:1) with a minimum post graduate period of 5 years in Financial Controller/Manager role
- Degree educated
- Previous experience in the same or a similar role managing with a hands on approach
- Leadership skills and experience recruiting & developing a team
- Proven accounting and business analytical skills
- Keen attention to detail & deadlines
- Excellent Excel skills
- Excellent Maths skills
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Good presentation
- Analytical mind-set, and able to handle multiple tasks and problem solve
- Ability to work under pressure
- Person who displays the right attitude coupled with the energy to execute
- Experience of making things happen and not going with the flow
- Experience using Sage 200
- Self-Starter and team player
- Acquisitions experience
In return we offer a competitive salary package.
Does this sound like you? If so please apply with a cover letter and a copy of your latest CV, to include salary expectation and a note on why you feel you are the right person for this job.
Previous applicants and recruitment agencies need not apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- Fluent Written and Oral English
To apply, please send a covering letter, copy of your latest CV with your salary expectations, or apply via our website under the ‘Become an Employee’ Section. Or alternatively email email@example.com